- Jonathan S. Beck
- Seok H. Jo
- Daniel A. Katz
- Vanessa Yang
- Sarah L. Goldberg
- Angie Crawford
- Benjamin Adler
Jonathan S. Beck
As President of Crown, Jonathan is best known for his integrity and consultative approach in dealing with his clients. He founded Crown for the purpose of providing his clients and their families an integrated platform of multiple financial services built on transparency and integrity. Jonathan’s comprehensive knowledge of financial products and planning strategies has greatly enhanced his ability to properly advise his clients and help them make the appropriate financial decisions.
At Crown, Jonathan’s key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing all of Crown’s operations.
- Portfolio allocation design and analysis.
- Estate and Legacy planning.
- Life Insurance Planning.
Prior to joining Crown, Jonathan worked for CPW Capital and Crown Global Insurance. At both of these companies, he helped ultra-high net worth families and investors structure their investment portfolios for tax purposes. Jonathan worked closely with his clients’ trusted advisors, accountants, money managers, and trust attorneys to develop uniquely customized planning solutions. His clients spanned the globe, representing multiple tax jurisdictions and requiring a broad, detailed knowledge of estate and tax situations. In addition to his insurance and financial background, Jonathan spent time in education and outreach for the Providence Community Kollel.
Jonathan graduated Johns Hopkins University with a B.S. in Business and Management. In addition, Jonathan received a Bachelors’ in Talmudic Law from the Ner Israel Rabbinical College. Jonathan also received an internationally recognized certificate in therapy and counseling.
He has also received the following financial licenses: Series 6, 7, 63, and 65. Jonathan has multiple insurance licenses as well (life & health, property & casualty, etc.).
Outside of the office, Jonathan enjoys spending time with his wife, Melisa, and their children. He enjoys a variety of athletics and volunteering at numerous community organizations. Jonathan and his family are active members of the community and support numerous non-profit organizations.
Jonathan S. Beck
Seok H. Jo, Ph.D., CFP®, ChFC
Chief Investment Officer *
Seok began his career in wealth planning & investment management profession in 1998. He is best known for his integrity, ability to simplify complex financial situations, and for communicating with clients in a way that is easily understood.
Defining moments in his life include:
- Receiving full scholarships to complete his high school & doctoral education
- Building a close relationship with his wife & children, and
- Helping clients stay on track throughout major market bubbles, bursts, and recovery (including tech bubble & its crash following 9-11, as well as real estate and stock market bubbles & their crash following Lehman crisis)
These life experiences & challenges have been invaluable in guiding his career. These pillars have confirmed the importance of working hard to take full advantage of opportunities, keeping perspective on what's most important, and planning in advance to celebrate life's successes, as well as to manage through life's unexpected moments.
At Crown, Seok's focus is on Wealth Management, and his key responsibilities include:
- Portfolio design, construction, implementation & monitoring
- Security and manager analytics & due diligence
- Retirement planning & cash flow management
- Income & estate tax planning
- Collaboration with CPAs, attorneys, and business managers to provide integrated wealth management solutions
Prior to joining Crown, Seok served as the President of Pacific Bridge Investment Services, a cross-border investment planning firm dedicated to advising ultra high net worth Asian nationals. He also served as the Director of Investments at The Wealth Collaborative Inc., and as the Senior Private Client Manager at Loring Ward, a family office that provided wealth management services to professionals in the Entertainment industry (Movie, TV, Music & Sports).
Seok earned a B.S. from Duke University and a PhD from The Pennsylvania State University (both degrees in biomedical sciences). He holds the Certified Financial Planner & Chartered Financial Consultant designations, and is a member of the Los Angeles Estate Planning Council, CalCPA, Motion Picture Television Fund Professional Advisory Network, and Asian Business Association.
Outside of the office, Seok enjoys spending time with his wife (Sung) and his two children (Sarah & Jonathan). As an active member of New Song Church in La Crescenta, he volunteers as the Director of Youth Education (Elementary to College students). He has served as a Financial Director of OM KAM (2011 - 2014), and currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Community Foundation of the Verdugoes.
Seok H. Jo
Daniel A. Katz *
Vice President, Risk Management
As Vice President of our Property & Casualty division, Daniel Katz is a licensed insurance agent in CA, NY, and NJ. Focusing on risk management, he specializes in ensuring that appropriate lines and coverage amounts are applied to each case. Daniel began his insurance career in 2007 and always has been committed to honest, attentive, and prompt customer service.
At Crown, Daniel’s key responsibilities include:
- Developing relationships with current and pending clients in order to understand their current and future insurance needs.
- Analyzing clients’ risk exposure in order to determine how best to quote and recommend policies. Discussing and advising on coverage and limits to best protect clients.
- Dedicated Client Service: Accurate completion of service requests and applications. Resolving customer concerns.
- Prior to renewal, prepare accounts for review, update files, and prepare recommendations for upgrading coverages.
Prior to joining Crown, Daniel developed extensive experience in real estate. He also spent nearly ten years serving as a special education teacher in both New York and Los Angeles inner-city public schools. He firmly believes in positively influencing the next generation and personally supports various educational institutions.
Daniel received his B.A. in Communications and minor in Business at Queens College. He also received a Master degree in Special Education at CUNY through the New York City Teaching Fellows.
Daniel serves on a committee for Congregation Mogen David and Aish HaChayim. He enjoys playing tennis, baseball, and basketball. Most of all, he loves spending time with his wife, Keren, and two daughters, Rose and Sophie.
Daniel A. Katz
Vanessa has joined Crown Financial Partners to act in the role of Senior Private Client Manager. She has a passion to leverage her analytical, reporting and audit skills acquired from her corporate experiences and translate them into making an impact on individuals and families by providing them with sound and customized solutions to their personal financial challenges. Her goal is to simplify her clients’ financial life so they can focus on what really matters to them.
Before joining Crown Financial Partners, she spent over eleven years at the Walt Disney Company and took a leadership role in overseeing the reporting needs of the executive leadership team. In addition, she was an auditor for SingerLewak LLP and PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP partnering with a wide range of companies in different industries to ensure their financial statements complied with external rules and regulations.
Her responsibilities at Crown include:
- Develop customized reporting tools to provide families with a snapshot of their portfolios.
- Identify specific needs and align clients with professionals who can provide solutions.
- Build relationships with clients beyond the business partnership to gain a full picture of what matters to them.
Vanessa is fluent in German and Cantonese due to her upbringing in Germany and her Chinese background. She enjoys spending time with her family and friends, traveling, reading and discovering new restaurants.
Sarah L. Goldberg, MBA
Vice President, Sales
Sarah Goldberg began her career in Portfolio Management in 2001, while still attending university. Over the years, she has held many different titles and positions. At Crown, she has focused on Group Retirement Planning and excels at cultivating client relationships.
At Crown, Sarah’s key responsibilities include:
- Creating relationships with businesses and their 401k participants.
- Understanding their needs in order to facilitate the best structure for their plan establishment or rollover.
- Maintaining the highest level of service for everyone from the fiduciary to the new participant.
Sarah holds a Master Degree in Business Administration from University of Maryland and a Bachelor of Science in Finance from Yeshiva University.
Outside of her time spent at Crown, Sarah is the CEO of her large, growing family.
Sarah L. Goldberg
Angie Crawford *
Director of Operations
Angie is the Director of Operations of Crown Financial Partners. She is best known for her ability to handle any situation and to prioritize her workload to make this family office run efficiently and smoothly.
At Crown, Angie’s responsibilities include:
- Handling many different client services.
- Spearheading a variety of unique growth projects for Crown’s principals.
- Managing administrative and financial aspects of the office.
Prior to joining Crown, Angie served as Editor in the Auditing Department of SingerLewak LLP. She has also provided administrative support in various departments at ESPN, Warner Bros. Records, and A&M Records. She currently is the President of her own production company, Purple Skull Productions.
Angie attended University of Wisconsin-Madison, where she received her Bachelor of Science in Communication Arts: Radio-Television-Film. She is an active member of SAG-AFTRA and the WGA.
Benjamin Adler *
Sales Consultant, Insurance
Ben acts as an Insurance Sales Consultant for Crown. He is known for his pleasantness and work ethic, while always putting client service above all.
His responsibilities at Crown include:
- Advising clients on the use of life insurance as a valuable tool in wealth accumulation, preservation, and estate planning.
- Coordinating communication between clients and the firm.
- Offering top-notch customer service.
Prior to consulting for Crown, Ben ran a multi-million dollar clothing manufacturing business for 25 years, Mac Murray of California. He practiced family law at the Law Offices of Vicki J. Greene and also consulted for CPEhr, a Human Resource Outsourcing Firm.
Ben received his B.A. in Political Science and History from UCLA. He earned his J.D. from Southwestern University.
Outside of his consulting services, Ben enjoys swimming, cycling, and spending time with his grandchildren.